10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

Yes I was wondering what do I have to do in order to marry

Yes I was wondering what do I have to do in order to marry someone who is in prison? He is in Tenn. Colony, Tx. 75880. He has been locked up for 6 and ahalf years. He was @ the wrong place @ the wrong time. We lost contact for awhile. We now want to get married. We want to be together for as long as we can.    
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 6 years ago.
Is the prisoner in a state or federal prison? If it is a state prison, please let me know which state. Please advise so I can best answer your question appropriately.

Thank you,
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He is in prison in Tenn Colony ,Tx. 75880
Expert:  10cowife replied 6 years ago.
Regulations for marrying a prisoner vary for each institution and are usually following county, then state guidelines. Most often, the prisoner requests a "marriage packet" and there are forms to be completed by both parties (and, unfortunately, fees). Documentation is required - usually citizenship and birth records. At this point you may have a family visiting coordinator be your contact for arranging the wedding. In Texas, it must be done by proxy which involves getting a form from the county clerk. I would strongly suggest contacting your county clerk for Anderson County for the Tennessee Colony, TX and asking what the exact procedures are. Also, the chaplain at the prison should be a good source of information on that specific prison's information.

Please view this thread that I found specific for proxy marriages in Texas at:

If you have found this information to be of assistance, please ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK (it's how we get paid!).

Good luck and all the best to you! Let me know by replying if you have any further questions regarding this issue.