10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

whats the easiest way to write/think about an essay - im yr

whats the easiest way to write/think about an essay - im yr 12 n struggling!!!
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 6 years ago.
Hi, y66uks08 --

Thanks for using Just Answer. How you think about an essay depends on a couple of things, for instance, who your audience is and what your goals with the essay are. Is it a critical, review type of essay? A personal essay? A scholarly scientific publication? Once you narrow down who you are writing for and what you want to say, it becomes much easier to organize the essay.

After you've decided on your audience and what you want to say, you can start to organize your thoughts into main points, sub points, and finding sources that back up what you are trying to prove or clarify. These can be organized into sections, then paragraphs which comprise the body of your essay.

There are a couple of ways you can write an essay easily: the very easiest way for me to write an essay is to first just write, write, write whatever comes into your head that you want to say about the subject. Don't worry about editing at this point. This is easy for me because I usually have it in my head already semi organized.

Most teachers, however, will tell you to form an outline first of your main points along with the items that support it. This does make for a well organized essay. Once you include quotes from other sources.

Read your sources, know your material and then phrase what you want to say in your own words and you will do great!

Let me know if you have any other questions regarding how to write/think about an essay.

If you have found this helpful, please ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK. As always, bonuses - even small ones - are very appreciated.

If you have further questions regarding this item, please write me back! I want you to be happy with your answer.

p.s. Once you do have your essay written, you can always check back here at Just Answer for assistance with editing and organizing. That's what we're here for. Don't hesitate to ask for me by name if you wish. Just type "for Lizabeth" or 10cowife as you start your question and it will come to me.

Edited by 10cowife on 8/12/2010 at 12:32 PM EST