Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

My Georgia Motor Vehicle Report has three susp listings under

My Georgia Motor Vehicle Report has three "susp" listings under "TYPE" along with "VIOL" as the "TYPE" for speeding tickets. Does "susp" stand for suspension? The "History Entry" reads "Georgia Serious Commercial Disqualification" with "Duration"s ranging from 2 months to 4 months and "Extent" listed as "CDL" I don't know what any of this means.

'Susp' means 'suspension', 'Viol' means 'Violation' as the 'type' for the speeding tickets (type of violation=speeding). "Georgia Serious Commercial Disqualification" with 'durations ranging from 2 months to 4 months' means your Commercial Driver's License "CDL" has been suspended in the past, or is suspended at this time, for amounts of time equalling 2-4 months each time. "Extent" listed as 'CDL' means the information on the report refers to your Commercial Driver's License.

This is a sample of a Georgia Motor Vehicle Report, however there don't seem to be any abbreviations: https://onlinemvr.dds.ga.gov/mvr/pdf/mvrSample.pdf

Contact(NNN) NNN-NNNNif you have further questions about your report.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't have a commercial driver's license. Is this a mistake?
Hello again, and thanks for your reply.

If you don't have a commercial driver's license, then, yes, I would assume this is a mistake. Your name may have been put on someone else's report, in error. I would recommend calling them and informing them of the mistake, so it can be rectified. If your driver's license number, name, address, birthday, etc., on your current report, are all accurate, ask them to investigate further for you, to correct this error.

If you had no suspensions on your license, speeding tickets, etc., then it seems that some information got 'crossed' in the computer, when it was input by a person, for your report.

Best of luck! I hope you get this corrected, as soon as possible.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 8/11/2010 at 8:06 PM EST