Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

What does the term goods and schuckle mean when buying som

What does the term goods and schuckle mean when buying something?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

You may be referring to a character in Pokemon named 'Shuckle', who resembles a turtle with a longer neck. 'Goods and Shuckle' may refer to buying and selling items in the game. http://www.serebii.net/potw/213.shtml

Another meaning for 'shuckle' is derived from the Yiddish, meaning 'to shake', as in Jewish worshippers swaying back and forth (from side to side and forward and back) while praying. More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shuckling

Please let me know if either of these is what you were looking for, and if not, I will continue to research this for you further.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 8/7/2010 at 6:32 PM EST
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello again,

After further thought, I was wondering if perhaps you meant 'goods and chattel'? 'Chattel' is a legal term meaning roughly, "all moveable personal property", for example, everything besides land and buildings.

Please let me know if 'chattel' and not 'shuckle' was what you meant or heard.

Regards,
Cher