Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
1304720
Type Your Question Here...

Can anyone tell me what type of drug screening BlueLinx Corporation

Customer Question

Can anyone tell me what type of drug screening BlueLinx Corporation uses in their pre-employment screening?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

It would only be possible to provide you general information re: pre-employment drug testing used by most companies who have this policy. It would be counter-productive for a company like BlueLinx Corp. to let prospective employees know what they were testing for, before the test, so this information is not readily available. You will find the information in this article informative, regarding the types of tests that may be done within the drug screening:
http://www.you-can-learn-basic-employee-rights.com/pre-employment-drug-testing.html

Please only click ACCEPT
if you found this answer HELPFUL. If you did not find it helpful, please click 'REPLY' and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 8/6/2010 at 10:34 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I don't want to know what types of drugs BlueLinx tests for. I want to know what type of drug screening they use. Salavia, hair folicale or urinalysis
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with clarification of the information you would like to know.

Unfortunately, that information is not available online, so you would have to either ask an employee that has recently gone through the pre-employment drug screening, or call Human Resources and ask the company. In my experience, for most companies, urine-testing is the most common.

I'm going to 'opt out' of your question, and perhaps other experts might be able to find the information for you.

Best of luck!
Cher
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.

If the particular position is covered by the DOT regulations (truck driving), then the MUST by law be done on urine. The DOT drug testing program is tightly controlled by the federal government and a DOT test is standardized. (Some employers do additional testing above that which is required by the DOT, but this is uncommon)

Edited by FamilyPhysician on 8/7/2010 at 12:59 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I will be provided a company car. Their parent company is Georgie Pacific and I read where they and Kraft Foods were leaders in the industry in terms of advanced drug screening. I can pass urine and salavia but am concerned they will do a hair folicle test. What are the chances they will do a hair test? I have been clean from marijuanna for 21 days now and intend on staying clean....what a life lesson I have learned.

Unfortunately, that information does not seem to be available online. In my experience, most employers will tell applicants the type of drug testing they utilize (hair, urine, saliva) if asked.

The primary reasons that employers do preemployment, random and post accident drug testing are to select employees who are not currently using drug based on the belief that non-drug using employees will be more product and less likely to be involved in accidents. It has less to do with "catching" people and more to do with deterrence. If they are using hair testing, they are usually proud or happy to tell the potential employees - since this deters those who have used for a longer period of time. My suggestion would be to contact the HR department and ask why type of drug testing they do.

Edited by FamilyPhysician on 8/7/2010 at 12:23 PM EST
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience: Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.