Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

I have been asked by my collegue today to send legal fees of

I have been asked by my collegue today to send legal fees of £200 for a change of ownership of the Gold he has in Ghana which is being sent to me via courier. Is this sound advise, does this sound legal to you?. The name of the lawyer is Mr Kojo Coker in Ghana itsself, is this a normal sort of transaction?
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 6 years ago.

Do you personally know Mr. Coker?

Did you approach him about the gold?

If the answers to the above two questions are no, I suspect you're dealing with a scam. Scams to cheat people out of money commonly originate in African nations. What would be likely to happen is that you'd send the money, and never see it or gold again. If you received this request by e-mail, that is particularly likely.

However, if you actually know Mr. Coker, and you approached him about the gold, then let me know that, and I'll have your question transferred to our Legal category where you'll receive legal advice.

If you'd like more information on these types of scams, have additional questions, or want your question transferred to the Legal category, just let me know by clicking on REPLY.