Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

What kind of career is right for me

What kind of career is right for me?

From your description of your talents, aspirations and desires, you are a very artistic person. The landscape designing/architecture is a profitable business, but depending upon your location, may only be seasonal (in the warmer months). Since your training and experience has been in this field, it might be worth pursuing, but with a 'twist'. Design can be adapted to 'indoor' themes as well, and you could be an interior designer and/or specialize in indoor garden spaces, meditation rooms and/or stylish greenhouses.

Your other major desire to be in a 'helping' profession, such as teacher, police officer or religious leader, is also admirable and very 'doable'. You might do well teaching English in Asia, or in a third world country, and at the same time be a missionary, spreading the word of God. You might be a good candidate for the Peace Corps and/or an organization that helps people get back on their feet after natural disasters.

If you combine your artistic talents with your love of God and wanting to reach out and help people, I think you will discover a career path which will help you feel fulfilled.

I wish you much good luck in your future endeavors!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,