10cowife, Consultant
Experience:  15+ years consulting
Type Your Question Here...

why is my home always so hot,,even i have the window open,,it

why is my home always so hot,,even i have the window open,,it seems the heat is trapped inside and unale to get out,,,,,is there anyway i can do like a humidifer or something,,the only way to keep it cool is turn on the air condition but i dont like the ac cause it gets cold later on thx
Category: General
Expert:  10cowife replied 6 years ago.
Humidity only adds to the heat index and would only make it feel hotter. You are lacking a cross breeze or air flow in your home. If you open one window, it will not create a flow. Usually you have to open another window in another area and use fans to help direct the flow.

Depending on where you live, the addition of cold humidity such as in the form of a swamp cooler might help. Swamp coolers are used in dry or desert regions.

If you are in a humid and hot area, you may need to run your A/C just temporarily to remove some of the humidity in the home and cool things down. If you are getting cold later, you can invest in a relatively inexpensive timer for your thermostat so that you can adjust it to suit your specific needs.

Another option would be to try running your air conditioning system's house fan (or a whole house fan) instead of turning on the A/C. This helps to circulate the air within a home.

Thanks for using Just Answer. If you have found this answer helpful, please ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thx Lizabeth, this is very helpful. i am going to try to do that,my home is so humid whenever i get home i start to sweat. thx!