Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Ive often wished re-heated pizza was as good to eat the second

I've often wished re-heated pizza was as good to eat the second time as when it first comes in the door from the delivery man. Usually, the cheese gets rubbery and the bread soggy the second time on. Is there a way to reheat pizza which keeps its original consistency?
Hi, thanks for your question!

I know what you mean by soggy and rubbery pizza the second time around. It is, unfortunately, never as good as it will be the first time. There are a couple things you could try that might impact your experience. First, make sure you properly store the pizza in an airtight container or bag in the refrigerator. I'm sure you've tasted the difference between a fresh, out of the oven, pizza as well as one that was in a delivery guy's car for an hour. Same goes for proper, quick storage once done eating.

When reheating I would recommend placing the pizza in the oven on a low setting for about five minutes. Make sure you pre-heat the oven. The point is to reheat it, not to cook it again, so remember to keep an eye on it in order to determine the right cook time. Most delivery pizza companies recommend to reheat this way.

Once the pizza is cooked the first time and cools the composition of the ingredients will change and they aren't able to return to the original state, but with the tips I've given you should experience some slightly better results. Best wishes!

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. If I have been able to answer your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and research. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!