Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

Parker Brothers, Patent applied April 11,1876,patentedjune

Parker Brothers, Patent applied April 11,1876,patentedjune 28,1878 #1 stamp on barrell attatchment. on other side of attatchment (T) H ....... .2
...........................................................4...........18002 . on reciever Patent June 25,. 1879 patent applied,April 11, 1876 18092 damascus barrell great shape Hammers strong-fore stock great shape, cracked stock and chipped, shield on stock ?? approimate price range
Category: General
Expert:  Joan-Mod replied 4 years ago.
This is Joan and I am a Moderator:
Thanks for your question! I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. The response rate on JustAnswer is usually over 95%, but sometimes questions go un-answered when, for example:

1. The question may be unclear.
2. The question seems to request an answer for something that cannot be explained adequately online.
3. The Experts that are online are simply unable to answer your question.
4. The question price you selected is low for the complexity of the question.
Please feel free to re-word your question [or increase the price] if you feel that may be the reason. [Of course, you are not required to increase the price.]

If you would still like to receive an answer from an Expert, just let me know, and I will do my best to assist you by finding an Expert to help you.
If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Joan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Want to know est. antique selling price on a 1876 PARKER BROTHERS 12 gauge dbl barrell. does have military issued seal on stock. Stock has a crack and sm chip out of wood. Both Damascus barrells have factory finish and are Really in good shape. The Hammers are excellent condition, tight and strong, No slop. If put up for auction what would be a ballpark value $

Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your response! If you could give me a little more information about your gun I can work on getting a ballpark figure of its value. What I need is the serial number and the grade of the gun. These numbers are listed on the gun's water table. With the serial number I can find out the exact year of production, as the patent numbers found on the gun/ have little to do with production dates. The grade will consist of 2-3 letters found above the serial number. Please let me know what these numbers are and I can begin working on this for you. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

where the barrell attatchs to reciever part, where the gun breaks open-on barrell- these number appear. on one side it is stamped with patent date the #1. on the other side it is stamped 2 4. the Serial number is 18092

Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the information. Your gun was manufactured in 1880 and was a grade zero. This was the earliest gun model to receive a grade as part of the new grading system. Unfortunately, a "grade zero" was not just a place to start grading, but also meant the gun was the lowest grade and cheapest gun of many they offered. As you went up through the Parker product line you got more perks like ejectors (which were offered on the grade zero, but only on the VH, not the T), elaborate engravings and better quality materials. That said, your gun may still be worth a pretty penny. As one of the earlier Parker guns, there is some value behind the serial number and early grade alone. The damage you mention of course will detract from the price. In searching through various gun auctions to get a sense of where the market was right now I was only able to locate one grade 0, and it was priced at $7,000. While it was old, it was in pretty good shape. We get a lot of Parker gun questions on here and this has been one of the more difficult for me, but I still recommend what I always do for Parker guns--take it to a gun broker who is local to you to have it personally inspected. Pictures and numbers won't do it justice. Most Parker guns have such a high value that you would want to get it observed in person for a more exact figure, especially if you are looking to sell it. MOST Parker guns sell in the $1,000-4,000 range between the various grades, but there are a few here and there that come in well under and WELL over that figure. It sounds to me like you may have a treasure, but I still recommend having someone see it personally. Best of luck to you!

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. If I have been able to answer your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and research. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your time and info _ however I a led to believe that with auto eject; scrolled silver plating on sides of reciever that thismgun maybe of a higher rating from 0 to higher rating. please comment on this latest information. I will be accepting your answer as , indeed a fair evaluation and that your are certain entitled to the sm. fee that you are charging. I do consider your opinion as valuable and honest. Thank You
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your response! Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, I've been at work all day.

Parker guns with ejectors are normally said to carry a 50% higher value (of course this is an average). If your gun does have ejectors I'm inclined to think this may actually be a VH grade. The higher grades above that normally featured engravings in the metal to add a decorative flair. Having a gunsmith look at this in person will help with this possibly inconsistency in regards XXXXX XXXXX grade, as there might be something in the grade stamp that you aren't seeing or I'm not understanding from our means of text-based communication. Parkers are a staple in the "gun world" so I would be surprised if it took much looking to find a gunsmith well versed in them. Thanks again!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.