Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

where is best place to sell baseball cards

Hi and thanks for your question!

There are a few different ways to sell your cards. If you are looking to sell a few valuable cards you might try a website like www.sportsbuy.com where you can list your cards individually and have them bid on by folks who are looking for those specific cards. This will bring them to an international audience of collectors and fans and probably bring you the best prices. For larger amounts of cards you might wish to sell them in "lots" on eBay--that is selling a group of related cards altogether for one price. You will probably not see the highest prices paid for cards on here as you would a more specific site like the one above however. Another option is to sell them at a local pawn shop or specialty sports collectible shop. If you had a lot of cards to unload this would probably be the best avenue, as they could offer you one lump sum for the entire collection. Baseball card collecting is not as big as it was in the past, so you shouldn't expect to get the kind of "top dollar" you would a decade or two ago. Also, keep in mind a pawn broker or card shop would probably buy them for about 50% of their lowest expected value in order to ensure they made a hefty profit. Going through eBay or another website would cut out that middleman and enable you to sell directly to the collector for the best price. Hope this helps, best wishes!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!