Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

We live in Lexington, MA and my son is in college at VA Tech

We live in Lexington, MA and my son is in college at VA Tech in Blacksburg, VA. We drive down Interstate 84 to Interstate 81. Is there an upscale hotel or destination to stop part way on this trip? It would be nice if it were half way but 5 hours from either Blacksburg or from Boston would work> Ideas?
Category: General
Expert:  Family Physician replied 6 years ago.
The Hershey Hotel in Hershey Pennsylvania (near Harrisburg) is a wonderful historic hotel with a GREAT spa.

The town of Hershey has a very nice amusement park, minor league hockey team (Hershey Bears) affiliated with the Washington Capitals organization, and is known as the Sweetest Place on Earth.

It is about 5 to 5 1/2 hours from Blacksburg, and only about 15 minutes off I-81.