TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Has anyone here tried to track down an ancestor who was adopted

Has anyone here tried to track down an ancestor who was adopted? My mom's biological dad was adopted, and the paper trail ends with his adoptive parents as far as I can tell. What I'd like to know is a) where he lived and died (grandma kicked him out when mom was very young, in the 40s (!) since he was a dangerous drunk and b) who his ancestors were. Thoughts?
Hello, If you are fairly sure about his birth date you can research birth certificates at either hospitals or usually the county health department, this will usually narrow it down to a few names to research. Also many adoptions were handle by Catholic Relief Services and they may also have records. If has passed you might also check his death certificate and see if it has any other information. Hope This helps Tom