Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

Please help us receive monies due from Spirit Airlines due

Please help us receive monies due from Spirit Airlines due to the Pilots Strike whereas our flight was cancelled we were stranded in N.J. our rental car was returned to Phila and notified them because we could not pass the picket line
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Unfortunately you probably won't have any luck recouping any of your expenses due to the airline strike. While a top-notch company might take care of customers to the extent you want (rental car, new ticket, etc), most won't, unless it is a small number of affected customers. I can assure you that you won't be reimbursed for your extra ticket or rental car. In this case, your best bet is to contact their customer service department and ask for free flight vouchers for your trouble. I've been able to make a big stink before with another company and get double what my original flight was worth. Contacting the CEO also, unfortunately, won't do you any good. Thousands of people have probably tried to contact him with similar requests since the strike and I doubt any emails or letters in that regard have been read by him. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Legally, the airline isn't even obligated to reimburse you with vouchers due to a strike. Here's an article that explains more about that, and the Spirit strike specifically. Again, sorry I couldn't deliver better news, but I'm afraid this is the way it is. Best wishes!

Click here for article

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
please locate a customer service phone number for us. We have tried since June 12, and still no answer. They place you on hold, and say one minute from now. How rude is this? We are 80 years of age, and cannot do the stress of their actions much longer.awaitng your reply, once again. Bette Davison
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. The customer service number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN I called it to make sure it was the right number. I have been on hold for about 7 minutes with still no answer. That's a slightly abnormal wait time, but it is the correct number and the right place to contact for your inquiry. Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing Reply. If not, please press Accept. Thanks and have a great day!