Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have a Cushmon cobbler bench with the metal tag in the drawer.

I have a Cushmon cobbler bench with the metal tag in the drawer. There is no date. It just says Cushmon Colonial Creation Bennington VT. How can I find out when it was manufactured and what it is worth?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

I've found these Cushman cobbler's benches on eBay, and the asking prices span from $179 to $300. This will give you a general idea of what it's value might be, if the benches pictured, are the same or similar to the one you have. The bench could have been manufactured anywhere from the early 1900's to about 1950, and therefore would be classified as an antique.

If you're interested in selling the bench or would like to get an official appraisal, it would be a good idea to call an antique furniture appraiser/dealer in your area, who could come to your home and evaluate it in person.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,