How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Tyler Your Own Question

Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Category: General
Satisfied Customers: 5801
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...
Tyler is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How often can my wheechair be it with

Resolved Question:

How often can my wheechair be it with it is to small band the back almost broken..and under what conditions Roland 86 yrs young cannt walk ..
My Docter okayed this one becase we lived in an aarment with narrow doors ....we move here in this Senior Place here ALLl doors are 36" wide out side ea ch apt the isa double elec plug fr chargeng our chai or Scootr Allso my knees ta beating as they ar long ...D I have to replace this on my own my knees ar 4" above te seat when seated.. ??Thanks in Advance Roland Borkman
[email protected].
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question!

As long as you meet the necessary requirements and your doctor OK's the wheelchair (as you said he did) then you should be able to get a replacement. Medicare pays for 80% of the cost, with you covering the other 20% personally. Contact Medicare directly for more information regarding your eligibility at 1-800-633-4227. Also, here is a Medicare brochure that explains this process in more depth:

Medicare Brochure

If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. If I have been able to answer your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for my time and research. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Tyler and 30 other General Specialists are ready to help you