Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I met a very nice man, he is 53, I am 55. He is PRican. I

I met a very nice man, he is 53, I am 55. He is PRican. I am White. He is going to make dinner for me on Wednesday.
Rice/beans and ????

What kind of thank you gift can I bring to dinner?
Are a small bouquet of flowers acceptable?
I don't know what alcohol if any, he drinks
He is very health conscious, takes vitamins and such. He is a hard worker too.

When invited to dinner, it's usually customary to bring a bouquet of flowers for the host/hostess, a bottle of wine, or something for dessert. Because you mentioned he's health conscious and you're not sure if he drinks alcoholic beverages at all, perhaps a bottle of wine isn't the best choice. You can't go wrong with flowers, and if you wanted to bring an assortment of pastries or a small cake, a pie, etc., that would also be a good choice. Remembering that he's health-conscious, a small fruit platter you can buy in the supermarket or even make yourself, with a beautiful and healthy assortment of seasonal fruit, would also be a good idea for a refreshing dessert.

If he told you he's making rice and beans, it might be accompanied by chicken or he might be making 'arroz con pollo', which is a rice and chicken dish.

He sounds like a very nice man and I hope you have a wonderful time!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,