Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Can I travel with Delta Airlines if my ticket isin my new name

Can I travel with Delta Airlines if my ticket isin my new name and my passport is in my former name?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question.

Because of TSA rules, the name on your ticket must match the name on the picture identification you show. In order to be able to obtain a boarding pass and pass through security you must be able to prove the ticket belongs to you. You will need to contact Delta's reservations department to find out if there is some supporting documentation you can bring with you to prove your identity upon check in. Should they allow this, they will most likely have to change the name on your ticket on site to allow you through security. Here is the number to their reservations department, open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week:(NNN) NNN-NNNN Best of luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am sorry, I cannot except your answer. I talked With Delta and they gave me a way different answer.