Lori, Research Analyst
Experience:  General Information and Online Research
Type Your Question Here...

I have tried to find a good airplane flight price from London,

I have tried to find a good airplane flight price from London, UK to Dallas, TX one way. The cheapest I can find is a little over $900. Priceline doesn't provide flights from other countries as the departure area.

Any other deals?

I went and checked They have flights as low as $274 one way (plus taxes and fees). I CAN tell you that it DOES apparently matter WHEN you go. The further out you book your travel, the cheaper the tickets. I also searched on round trip as well as one way...and in many instances it was actually cheaper to book round trip than one way! I checked departure date of 10/1/2010 returning 10/19/2010.....taxes and fees are out of this world, but still found flights cheaper than you were quoted by over $300. Leaving September 1, increases your flight costs to about $700, but...still less thatn you found.

$251+ $356 taxes & fees = $607 USD per person Leave Fri, Oct 1 Lufthansa 6756 operated by Air Canada -- AC 0849 Depart: 3:00pm Arrive: 5:35pm London, United Kingdom (LHR) Toronto, Canada (YYZ) 1 stop in YYZ 7hr 35min | Boeing 777

Change Airline. Time between flights: 1hr 15min Air Canada 7995 operated by JAZZ Depart: 6:50pm Arrive: 9:07pm Toronto, Canada (YYZ) Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) 3hr 17min

Total duration: 12hr 7min

Return Wed, Oct 20 Air Canada 7996 operated by JAZZ Depart: 5:05pm Arrive: 8:52pm Dallas/Fort Worth, TX (DFW) Toronto, Canada (YYZ) 1 stop in YYZ 2hr 47min Change Airline.

Time between flights: 2hr 23min Lufthansa 6761 operated by Air Canada -- AC 0858 Depart: 11:15pm Arrive: 11:25am Toronto, Canada (YYZ) London, United Kingdom (LHR) 7hr 10min | Airbus A330 Total duration: 12hr 20min

Let me know if I can help further in any way.

Edited by Lori on 7/9/2010 at 12:36 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
September is the soonest? It's only July. This person needs to come at least by mid August. He will be release out of the hospital by then. They actually want him out asap. They are holding off till he finds a flight back to TX from the London, UK. But the more he is there the larger his medical bill goes up.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
yeah the taxes are almost double the price of the tkt. I had thought u had found one for $274 including taxes. Too bad!

He really needs to leave no later than mid August but July 30th would be the best time. had a $690 (total) fee on September 1...It's funny (strange) because a one way ticket is over $ IMO, book round trip and then cash in the return ticket if possible...even if you don't, the price is still considerably cheaper than $990. also had a round trip leaving 9/1 for 702 total.

I was VERY lucky - I found a flight on 8/17 - $836 total.

Looks like you need to book soon to get the best deal, but I think booking round trip is going to save you money in the end.

The closer to the current date, most definitely the prices get higher. If he can fly 'spur of the moment', you might try one of the

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How can u get a refund for round trip though? We do have to go back to the UK but we don't know when bc it depends on somethings we get here.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
September won't work for us. He has to check out of hospital soon.

You have to work with the airline - usually they'll change travel dates for a minimal fee. I know when my (now) husband came over to the US a couple of years ago for a visit, he had purchased a round trip ticket as he had every intention of going home. Instead, we got married and he ended up staying. He got a partial credit on his trip that we used a year later.

Looks like he's going to have to pay a higher rate if he comes sooner. I would definitely advise making arrangements from the US end if possible. Making them in the UK is quite a bit more expensive for some reason.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am doing the arrangements on my side. I was aware of the cost of living in the UK.