Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

is there anyway i can pass my computer test for driving

is there anyway i can pass my computer test for driving?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomer and thanks for your question.

If you are referring to the 'written' part of the test which you need to take on the computer, to get your 'learner's licence', this is basically 'mind over matter'. If you study, do the practice tests and feel confident, you will pass the test when you take it at the vicroads.

Many people are 'poor' test takers, although they know the information and are clever. Nervousness causes our minds to not function at full capacity when we are taking a test, and therefore, we find it difficult to recall important and necessary information.

If you study enough, feel well prepared, and try to push your nerves out of the way, you will do well on your computer driving test. The key is to feel confident that you know the information, and if you have studied sufficiently and done many practice tests, you will feel confident. You don't need to get 100% on the test, so there is a 'little' room for a few incorrect answers, if you don't recall something or if your nerves get the best of you.

Review the information as often as possible, and have a friend or family member 'test' you at home, while you're NOT taking the test on the computer. Remember, although much of the information is 'learned' from the booklet, manual, or online study guide, and deals with rules and regulations, a lot of it is also common sense, so don't doubt yourself or your first instincts regarding your answers.

There's no doubt that it's a lot of information to remember, but when you're actually on the road, you need to know this information to be a safe driver and not break any driving laws. Take one step at a time, and concentrate on the 'book learning' part of the test on the computer, and then you will prepare for the actual, physical driving test. Don't take the test until you feel completely ready. Many people do not pass on the first try, but if you feel you did your best, you'll learn from your past mistakes and do better each time you take the test!

I wish you much good luck!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,