Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

I HAVE A .38 S&W SPECIAL CTG. THE MANUAL SAYS MILITARY & POLICE

I HAVE A .38 S&W SPECIAL CTG. THE MANUAL SAYS MILITARY & POLICE REVOLVER MODEL 10 STILL IN BOX WITH PAPERS SERIAL #5D93963 WHAT IS IT WORTH.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

In checking into current prices for the model you've listed, it looks like you could expect receiving anywhere in the neighborhood of $250-$400. Guns priced higher than that aren't receiving bids. The .38 Special was a staple for many years in law enforcement and military use, as well as civilian use. S&W used the "police/military" markings or denotations as a marketing tool. In reality, civilians could buy the same gun. If the gun is brand new and never fired, and the box is original and in good condition, you might expect to be on the higher end of what I quoted you. If you're looking to sell, I always recommend taking it to a gun or pawnbroker in your city and having it looked at personally. This always takes the "ballpark figure" out of the equation and you can get a better feeling for what your gun would fetch locally or nationally if you wanted to go that route. Best wishes!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!