Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

I have Coleman 18 volt batteryoperated tools. I need to get

I have Coleman 18 volt batteryoperated tools. I need to get 2 18 volt batteries and a charger for them, because my son lost them on me. Where can I get them and how much are they?
Thnk you. My email address [email protected]
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

It sounds like you've done some pretty exhaustive research! From what I've found, Coleman no longer manufactures power tools or their accessories (including, of course, batteries and chargers). You would think one could find them hiding out at some website somewhere, but as you know, they aren't. There is some good news though--I did find some items on eBay which look like they'll work for your tools. Here is an auction for a battery:

Here is a current auction for the battery charger:>

In checking out the seller in the second auction link I sent you, he has many different kinds of chargers available and has experience in repairs, so even if the one I sent you doesn't match exactly to what you need, this guy probably has it (he has about 1,200 battery chargers listed for sale right now). Both of these sellers have very strong positive ratings as well. The battery listed is an auction and is at about $16 ($9 for shipping is extra). That was the only battery I found, so there will be some demand for it. The charger was listed in a "store" setting where you don't bid, but can "buy it now" for $31.99 plus shipping. So, if you decide to get these, you might tell your son it's coming out of his allowance!

Electronics in the market are pretty finicky. Once they are discontinued it's pretty difficult to find parts for them. Remember, products are discontinued because they don't sell well in most cases, so there's not much cause to keep selling parts. Hopefully these items I found for you are what you're looking for and not out of your price range. If not, keep checking eBay--I truly think that will be your best avenue to locate these on. Best of luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!