TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

Hello. I recently sent a pack of share certificates from England

Hello. I recently sent a pack of share certificates from England to the States. They were sent using the "signed for" mail service. As far as I can tell, they have come to a halt at JFK, where US Customs have them. When I phone JFK, I just get a message to leave my details and they'll get back to me (in England), but they never do. Can you suggest what to do next, please?
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Have you called the carrier and see if they can help? How long ago did you send them and what service did you use? Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
<p>Hello, Tom. Am gathering the extra information you need, and will get it to you asap; I'm at work and it's at home. It should be with you tomorrow morning. Thanks.</p><p>Hello, Tom. Details are as follows: package sent to Wells Fargo in St Paul, MN, on 3/3 using International Signed-For service, tracking number RJNNN-NN-NNNNGB. On 5/14 Wells Fargo said they had located the package, and that it was being held by US Customs in New York. The International Mail office at JFK is always on answer-phone, and never responds. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. The sender was AB Wassell, my father-in-law. He's at his wits' end, and I am trying to show him that his daughter did the right thing in marrying me! </p>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Tom. Details are as follows: package sent to Wells Fargo in St Paul, MN, on 3/3 using International Signed-For service, tracking number RJ XXXXXXXXX GB. On 5/14 Wells Fargo said they had located the package, and that it was being held by US Customs in New York. The International Mail office at JFK is always on answer-phone, and never responds. Any suggestions would be gratefully received. The sender was AB Wassell, my father-in-law. He's at his wits' end, and I am trying to show him that his daughter did the right thing in marrying me!
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.

Hello, Here is a phone number for the Airport(NNN) NNN-NNNN, call them and tell them you need to talk to someone in the customs office and all you get is a recording. If that ask for the field agents office. Here also in the investigation division of the US customs in New York. SAC New York
601 W. 26th Street, 7th Floor
New York, NY 10001
Main(NNN) NNN-NNNNbr />Fax(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Hopefully one of these two numbers will let you contact a live person. Thank You Tom

TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.