Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Does anyone make a foot pedal (to play individual music notes)

Does anyone make a foot pedal (to play individual music notes) laid out like the fret board of a guitar neck, instead of being laid out like a keyboard?
Hi, thanks for your question!

If I understand correctly, you're looking for a pedal board to play single notes that is laid out like a guitar neck. Is this to play bass notes? Can you give any more information of what you're trying to play with this kind of pedal board?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
This is to push buttons with your foot that would correspond to fingering notes on a guitar neck. The signal from the pedal board would then be send to any midi instrument that had the capability of producing a bass guitar sound.
Ok, thanks for the clarification, I know what you mean. I've been around a ton of gigging guitarists, but have never seen any with a pedal board shaped like a guitar neck. I have seen some with organ style pedal boards though, which can be purchased with midi hookup or without and later retro-fitted. Midi is very versatile and if you had some experience building such a device or knew of somebody who could, this could be accomplished easily. It wouldn't be too difficult to have somebody construct exactly the kind of board you needed and then fit contact switches and a midi relay to it. It shouldn't be too expensive either, depending on the design. Musicians tend to be tinkerers--if you really wanted to get something like this built I would recommend calling up the big guitar shops in your city (or neighboring big cities) and asking if one of their guys would have the expertise to create such an item. Professional sound techs also have significant experience in this area. I honestly don't think you'd have too hard of a time finding somebody willing to make this board for you. Best of luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!