Bryan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Many years of internet research experience. I also run my own business.
10522817
Type Your Question Here...

Can a lien be put on social security benefits for child support

Can a lien be put on social security benefits for child support in the
State of New Mexico
let me see what I can find out, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
O.K.

ok, according to New Mexico law they can, it states the following.

• "income" means actual gross income of a parent if employed to full capacity or potential income if unemployed or underemployed. Income need not be imputed to the primary custodial parent actively caring for a child of the parties who is under the age of six or disabled. If income is imputed, a reasonable child care expense may be imputed. The gross income of a parent means only the income and earnings of that parent and not the income of subsequent spouses, notwithstanding the community nature of both incomes after remarriage; and
  • "gross income" includes income from any source and includes but is not limited to income from salaries, wages, tips, commissions, bonuses, dividends, severance pay, pensions, interest, trust income, annuities, capital gains, social security benefits, workers' compensation benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, disability insurance benefits, significant in-kind benefits that reduce personal living expenses, prizes and alimony or maintenance received, provided:
  • hope this is helpful, thanks Bryan