Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

hi am a londoneer and i want to be a freemasson but how

Customer Question

hi am a londoneer and i want to be a freemasson but how?
can i invite myself to the freemasson? if yes how? do i need to be ritch wealthy or a buissness person to be accepted?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.

The only way to become a freemason is to be invited by a current member. After an invitation is extended you would have to take part in a number of meetings and rituals before becoming fully confirmed. It can be somewhat difficult to find out exactly who is a mason because many keep it secret. Others, though, wear rings, place placards on their vehicles or businesses and the like. Do a google search to find the kinds of symbols you should be looking for. Often business owners and politicians are members of the freemasons. If you see someone you know with a mason ring or displaying any of the symbols, ask them about their involvement and mention you wish to become a member. They can give you more information on it.

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
can i invite myself to the freemasson? if yes how? would freemasson accept me if i am not ritch wealthy and if i am not a buissness person?
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the accept!

Unfortunately, you cannot invite yourself, you can only be invited by one who is a mason. You can also find masons in your church. Ask around a bit and you might find some. Masons are looking for men in the community who are upstanding citizens of strong character. You do not have to be wealthy to be one. If you make friends with a few of them and start spending time with them they might invite you. Ask them about their organization and express your desire to be involved. Do this gently, after cultivating a friendship. You don't necessarily have to be a business person, just a man of strong character.