Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

Youll meet a lot of people over the year and theyll all re

You’ll meet a lot of people over the year and they’ll all remember you – what tricks would you employ when meeting someone and you can’t remember their name?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

When seeing someone and you cannot remember their name I use some of these tricks:

The Honesty route:

1) Hi, It has been a while since we have seen each other, and my mind has just gone blank on your name, I am so sorry could you please refresh my memory.

The blame it on age:

2) It is good to see you again, but my memory seems to be getting worse with age, as I cannot seem to remember your name. Please forgive me.

The deception:

3)You look wonderful! I was trying to find you on Facebook, what name do you go by so I can add you to my friend list.

The Phone Number and Address:

4) I have lost your phone number and address. Could you please write it down for me so I can put it in my address book.

The Business Card:

5)Hi! I would love to have some of your business cards to pass out, if you have some extra.

The Cell Phone:

6) Would you mind putting your information in my cell phone, so I can give you a call sometime?

These are different scenarios that can be used when you cannot remember someones name.

I hope this helps you with waysof getting names that you may not remember. Joan