Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

I received a call from( (XXX) XXX-XXXX stating that I must send

I received a call from( (XXX) XXX-XXXX stating that I must send them$4500 in order to claim money I won. Is this legitimate? The name of the place is Office of Fereral Trade Comissoin in Washington_Michael Thorn
Hi, and thanks for your question. This is not legitimate. They have a name and location that makes one think they are, but indeed this is a scam. Phone numbers, including cell phone numbers, are easy to obtain. Scammers will cold call people and tell them exactly what you were told. The amount of money asked for varies, but they normally "allow" you to pay them on a credit card, with a bank account or via wire transfer. Should you send that money it's the last you'll see of it. He is urgent to get it done in four hours because most people have enough smarts to check something like this out. Those who jump at the "opportunity" in a short amount of time are the unfortunate losers in the situation. If he calls back tell him you've filed a report with the police for fraud and to not contact him again. If he rebuffs this start asking for his name, business address etc. I'd be surprised if he stays on the phone for longer than two or three seconds.

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!