Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

Hello. -) I am considering pursuing a BA degree in Middle

Hello. :-) I am considering pursuing a BA degree in Middle Eastern Studies. I'm am wondering what types of employment opportunities would be available with the degree? My other option is a BS in Legal Studies. Of the two, which would be more useful? Thanks so much :-)
Hello, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

If you pursue a B.A. in Middle Eastern Studies, you could most likely become a teacher of History, World History, or of Middle Eastern Studies; however in order to teach this subject (Middle Eastern Studies) in a college or University, you would need at least an M.A., as well. If you should decide to study Middle Eastern languages, you could seek a position as a translator or interpreter.

A B.S. in Legal Studies, in my opinion, would be more useful and lucrative for you, regarding finding employment after you graduate. You could study to become a paralegal, legal assistant, or pursue a position in law enforcement, if this appeals to you. While interning and/or working for a lawyer or legal firm, you might choose to further your education and become a lawyer, yourself.

Whatever you decide, I wish you much good luck in your future endeavors.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,

Edited by Cher on 5/23/2010 at 2:25 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for your in depth response! You have given me a great deal to think about.
You're most welcome!

Thanks very much for your accept and reply.

I wish you much good luck!