Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

is there anyone here who can answer questions on hair

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and welcome back to JustAnswer!

What is your question about your hair?

You mentioned you're losing hair frequently, and have had it thinned out?

Do you have any balding or thinning spots that are visible?

Are you male or female?

Thanks for all your additional information.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no no no. my hair is super thick and usually when tit grows i have it thinned out alittle i was just wondering if thats good. and how bad are split ends. i am 28 todya and i am female
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with clarification.

Happy Birthday!! Laughing

Yes, having your very thick hair thinned out is good, a couple of times a year (or whatever your stylist recommends), because it decreases the weight of the hair which can contribute to stress on the hair, weakening it and having hair fall out more often.

Split ends are not healthy and whenever you get a haircut or have your hair trimmed, it's good, because the split ends are being cut off.

If you use a 'restorative' shampoo and conditioner like Pantene Pro V, for example, it will help prevent split ends. Also keep in mind that if you blow dry your hair, the heat is also damaging, so don't use the highest setting and also spray on a product that helps protect your hair against damage from the heat, before you blow it dry.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback. If you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Cher
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thanks i let it air dry and i use aussie and as for a man is it good for them to have split ends someone i know doesnt understand that split ends can be harmful
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello again tinkerbell, and you're most welcome.

It's healthier for your hair that you don't blow dry it, and Aussie is a good product!

It's not good for a man or a woman to have split ends. It shows that the hair is damaged, and cutting off the split ends by having a haircut every 4-6 weeks is recommended. The only way to get rid of split ends is having a haircut or a trim. Again, a good shampoo which contains no harsh chemicals will help with split ends and keep hair healthier. You can read more about split ends, here: http://motowngirl.com/index.php/tips-for-trimming-hair.html

Cher

Edited by Cher on 5/14/2010 at 4:37 AM EST
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
sorry so long to comment back but what would happen if one was not to have the hair trimmed well the splits end
Expert:  Cher replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your accept and your reply.

I was not online at the time you posted.

If hair isn't trimmed as often as it should be, the 'split' will move from the ends up the shaft of the hair, so that is not healthy for the hair in general, and also, the look of the hair will be 'frazzled', with little pieces sticking out all over.

Regards,
Cher (sending this as a 'request for information', just so you are not prompted to click 'accept' an additional time, but no reply is necessary)