Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

My boat was under a tree for 4 weeks at a service shop. The

My boat was under a tree for 4 weeks at a service shop. The tree dropped small leaves and yellow colored flowers or seeds that have stained the naugahide upholstry. I've tried Goo Gone, Tech Stain remover, Goof Off and Bleach. The yellow spots are still there. Any suggestions
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
Hello, welcome to just Answer.

I don't really know what is the material in question, but i would try hydrogen peroxide, soaked in a thin cotton and exposed to full sun (UV will help the reaction).
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Do you mean to soak a cotton cloth in hydrogen peroxide and then put the cloth on the spot for a while? How long should it be on the spot/stain? How much does sunlight accelerate the process? In other words should i only soak it in the sun or can i soak it in a shaded area but for a longer time and achieve the desired result? thank you so much. I'll try it out
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
First, i forgot to ask about the natural color because peroxide tend to make things white (but as you already used bleach it should not be much worst).

You need to soak it with the liquid, then let it on the spot for a while (do just a little part to see if it work). I don't know how much time it would take as i don't know the nature of the seed/flower that tarnished it. Yes shade would also do, it's just that UV speed up the reaction. The cloth is only to prevent the liquid to dry too fast and to not run away to the ground.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for your help. It seems to be working in the garage. I really am waiting for a sunny day to see how the sun might speed it up,. Your answer seems to be better than anything else I have turned up or been told.
Expert:  Martin replied 6 years ago.
I am glad it's working fine, it's also relatively inexpensive. I wish you a great time on the boat!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you. I'm not sure its working fine but something is happening that bleach did not acheive. Also i haven' had the opportunity to work on the seats in the sun. thanks for your help.