Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

i have a parker brother shotgun with a serial number 7021.

i have a parker brother double barrel 12ga shotgun with a serial number 7021. the year that the gun was made is 1876. it's a 32" barrel vulcan steel grade v. there is an engaving at the bottom near the trigger with the initials EMC? can you find out what it means? and how much is my gun worth? thanks!!
Category: General
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Relist: I still need help.
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi and thanks for your question!

I see a good number of Parker gun questions on here, and they're all just about the same! That said, you seem to know more about your gun than most owners do. Most think the patent date stamped on the gun is the date of manufacture. Yes, indeed, your gun was manufactured in 1876 making it one of the earlier models on the market. The "EMC" you mention is a repair marking, signifying it was repaired in October. Don't ask me how EMC=October--that I cannot answer! The Vulcan steel may be graded "V" but that is not the grade of the gun. The grade can be found on the water table by disassembling the gun. I also can't tell you how much your gun is worth. For that you need a Parker expert. Some parkers are worth a thousand dollars or so, others are in the tens of thousands. That needs to be judged in person by a Parker expert. Here's an online auction site with a good number of Parkers. You can compare prices/features here to see what ballpark figure you might expect should you wish to sell your gun . You might need to type in "parker" in the search field. That said, I still recommend you take it to an expert in person before selling. Go to . There you'll find a wealth of information about the guns, as well as a forum where you can find folks near you who could possibly see you in person, or at least point you in the right direction. Hope this is helpful, good luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i don't think that the EMC means it was repaired on october. because the markings are 1 inch long circular form on the upper part of the trigger guard or at the bottom of the extractor of bullets.i think the serial number was tampered that's why the only way i could trace it is the initial EMC. thanks. I've been to that's where i got the year of the gun. thanks!
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
That's the only thing I know about EMC, it being stamped as a repair marking. Is there anything else I can help you with?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
based on what?
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
If you go to and then to remington repair codes you can type in EMC and see what I did.