Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

whats an easy way to establish credit

whats an easy way to establish credit
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Credit cannot be established quickly, if that's what you meant. It takes time to establish or repair credit. A credit score depends on a lot of things which include things like amount of credit accounts open and debt to income ratio. Credit plays a part in more things than credit cards. Any loan you get, from a vehicle loan to a mortgage or personal loan involves credit. They report each month to the credit bureaus if you are paying on time or not.

To answer your question: Get a credit card. Perhaps a gas card or a retail store card where you shop a lot. Put your purchases on it each month and pay it off each month before the deadline. Go finance something. A car, a student loan, a business loan. Make your payments on time or early. Credit is a good and bad thing. You can't have good credit without going into some sort of debt for the most part. You may be able to build your credit score up gradually by the above methods, but if you don't have a long credit history you may be denied larger purchases. Anyway, just keep in mind it takes time--as in a few years or more to establish credit. Be smart about it and don't bite off more than you can chew. Always pay off your debts as soon as possible and you will see your score rise higher and become stronger. Best of luck!

Please let me know if I can help you further by pressing REPLY. If this answer is what you were looking for and has been helpful to you, please click ACCEPT. Leaving me positive feedback at the end of our communication is really beneficial to me. If you have any reason to leave less than positive feedback, please reply to me so I can help you until you are satisfied. Thanks again for coming to Just Answer and have a great day!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.