Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How can I remove the salt from a cooked roast beef It was

How can I remove the salt from a cooked roast beef? It was seasoned when I bought it, and it is way too salty after it was cooked.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

The only way to try to remove the salt from the meat would be to recook it in a covered pot with some water added, and a halved potato or two. You'd end up with more of a 'pot roast' than roast beef, but the potato will absorb the excess salt that comes out of the meat, and then you would discard the potato.

Because it was preseasoned before you cooked it, it may also have been 'injected' with seasonings/flavorings, including salt, so the only way to try to get that salt out would be to do the above.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,