Joan
Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
5071285
Type Your Question Here...

Im looking for a reliable story with a picture of a pet snake,

I'm looking for a reliable story with a picture of a pet snake, preferably not a python, that went missing and returned to its cage on its own. Does that ever happen? I'm writing a kids book about lost animals that return home.
Thanks much.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

I do have a story of a Ball Python that was lost during the Hurricanes in Fl.(Frances and Jean) If that would help I will be happy to supply the details. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm don't think this would work.
#1, my publisher doesn't want it to be a python--too big, too scary. They want it to be a snake that a kid might have.
#2, it has to be a snake that returns to its home on its own.

Thanks.

Anita

P.S. If you have another reptile that fits the bill, I could consider that too.

Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

Ball Pythons are one of the smallest snakes in the Boid family and even smaller than a rat snake. I also have stores about Bearded Dragons. They were in Nihms Island and Holes. Or a couple of hatchling Leopard Geckos that made and escape and how they were found. Joan

Edited by Joan on 4/28/2010 at 6:52 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Well, if ball pythons are small, maybe the story would work after all. Did it find its way home on its own? That's the key. And if so, do you have a photo?
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

What I will do is tell you what had happened and if it suits your purpose, then you can accept, if not, at that time I can opt out and you can see if someone else can help. Please let me know if that would work for you. Joan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay. That's fine.
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

This snake named Bubba lived with a family and a teenage boy, Sonny, who loved him. They lived in a Mobile home. When Florida had had back to back Hurricanes Frances and Jean the family was forced to leave their Mobile Home and stay in a Hurricane Shelter. The Storm ripped through their mobile home destroying much of the house and this inluded knocking over the habitat that Bubba was housed in. When the family came home when the all clear was given, they noticed Bubba's tank empty on it's side, tghe glass cracked and Bubba gone. It was a very hard thing for the family to take, as Bubba was part of the family. Most of the funiture was gone, the beds and couches, takes and chairs would all have to be replaced. The family decided since they had their work cut out for them, they would stay at the house, but without beds they decided to use sleeping bags. When the got done with some of the cleaning they bedded down for the night. about 2 am Sonny felt something in his sleeping bag... He grabbed the lantern since there was no power. He pulled back the top of the sleeping bag to find Bubba curled up in a Ball next to him. It was quite a reunion. Sonny brought Bubba into the clinic to be checked out and other than some cuts and scratches was not too worse for wear. Since then they have been inseparable.

We are having problems posting pictures right now, but I can get you a link for a picture of a Ball Python. Joan

Ball Python The teens name was changed.

Edited by Joan on 4/28/2010 at 8:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
This is a cute story. I think it will do. Do you think it would be possible to get a picture of the real Bubba as well as the town where this happened?

Also, if I need more information in the editing, is there a way to get back to you?

Thanks.

Anita
Expert:  Joan replied 4 years ago.

The real Bubba has since Crossed The Rainbow Bridge. His owner is Stationed in Iraq now and the family has moved. The Mobile Home Park was in Lake Worth, Florida. You can get back to me in this thread as all posts are archived. This happen in 2004, 6 years ago. I wish I could help you with the picture, but some time has passed, since this happened. Joan

Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience: I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.