TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

How can I get rid of gas and gas fumes from an empty gas tank

How can I get rid of gas and gas fumes from an empty gas tank so that I can safely cut the top off without it exploding?
Hello, Usually when welding or cutting it a gas tank filling it with water is the safest manner to eliminate the possibility of explosions. Thank You Tom .
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
The tank I have is a Calor gas Tank which contained Propane Gas, If I fill it with water will that displace any residual gas in the tank, how long must I let it rest with the water in it, or do I work on it while it contains the water? I intend to cut it open with a disc grinder, would that be acceptable?
Hello, You cut while is full of water. A disc grinder should work fine. Thank You Tom