Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I received an e-mail today from microsoft that I had won 1,500,000

I received an e-mail today from microsoft that I had won 1,500,000 pounds from a microsoft promotion held on april17 2010 and that I was to fill out my information and send it to [email protected] attn Mr Renny Harlings can this be true or delete it asap thanks Dale.
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 6 years ago.

There are many Email scams that sound exactly like what you are describing. They will ask for information from you, so they can either perform idenity theft or try and get you to deposit some money in an account, to pay for coverage of the money they are going to send you. This link will help you see some of the different scams that are out there: I would never give out the information. If it seems too good to be true, it most likely is. Joan