TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

My mother passed recently and she had some old magazines. I

My mother passed recently and she had some old magazines. I would like to know if they are worth anything before I get rid of them
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello, Can you give me the titles and the range of years? Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a TIME 4/1940 LIFE around 68&70'sLOOK in late 60's&70's POST 12/1963 and many more
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello again, The Look magazines with Marilyn Monroe are selling from $10.00- $24.00 and the Beatles cover is selling in the $15.00 range from the 1950's and 1960's. Time magazines from the 1940's war years are in the $2-4 range but if they are put in a group with mainly political figures (Hilter, Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt) may see as high as $50.00 for a group of 10. The Post is also selling well in groups from 1940's war years and few from 1960's with Marilyn Monroe are selling in $15.00 range. So it looks like the best way to sell the magazines is to group like subjects so just as war or celebrity, also during the war years if you put on a group by year it will do well for the Time magazines. no value. Thank You Tom Please click accept
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Can you tell me the best way or who to contact to sell these

Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Hello, the best way to sell is through eBay. If you don't want to sell on line I can see if there is local book seller that deals in magazine or an eBay seller in your area that you can consign them to. Please send your zip code. Thank You Tom
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
44709
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I can not find an eBay consignor in your are that I can recommend but you do have some Half-price book stores approximately 50 miles away that buy vintage magazines.

21623 Center Ridge Rd.Rocky RiverOH44116440-331-166145 miles
1607 Golden Gate PlazaMayfield HeightsOH44124440-461-922247 miles
4687 Great Northern Blvd.North OlmsteadOH44070440-777-680748 miles

Please call and see if there is a buyer on duty before you make the trip, they will pay the same day. Allow a couple of hours for them to review the magazines

Another option is selling them direct on Craigslist, there is no cost. Please read Craiglist precautions. Thank You Tom

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank You
Expert:  TaxTom replied 4 years ago.
Your Welcome Tom Please click accept
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.