Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How would I know if the recipient has read the email

How would I know if the recipient has read the email?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

Unless your email server is AOL and you are sending email to another person with an email address on AOL, there is no way to know if the recipient has read the email. On AOL, when you click on 'status' of your 'sent' mail, it will tell you if the mail has been read, only if it has been sent to another AOL email address. This feature is not available on most other mail servers, therefore, it would not be possible to know if a recipient has read the email unless you obviously, receive a response from the recipient.

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.