Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

I am going to interview a Cello player - high level musician.

I am going to interview a Cello player - high level musician. This is for a little TV spot (local channel). Can you get me some ideas for my question segment...what to ask a cello player that the average person can relate to. Maybe five questions.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question!

The public has a great deal of interest in music and musicians and would most likely want to know answers to these questions:

1. How did you get started playing the cello?

2. How long have you been playing?

3. How many hours per day do you spend rehearsing (by yourself or in an ensemble)?

4. What are your interests outside of music?

5. Do you play your cello for a career or a hobby? If career, where do you play and how difficult was it to get that job?

6. Do you play any other instruments?

You might also ask about her cello itself, as many professional string players own and play instruments that are a few hundred years old and worth hundreds of thousands of dollars (your viewers might be interested in the sheer expense of an instrument like that).

I would assume you already have her lined up to play something for this TV spot, but if not, do consider using a few seconds to showcase her actually playing the cello. If the segment is short enough, you might actually record her playing a whole song and have the audio of the song playing softly during the background of the interview. I hope this helps! Please let me know if I can assist further!