A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

i got my e ticket details for my trip abroad but the airline

i got my e ticket details for my trip abroad but the airline has not taken any money from my account whats going on
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 6 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. You should check again after 24 hours. You will probably find that the account has been debited. If it hasn't, there is the possibility that they have debited the wrong account with a similar number, and that could present a problem down the road, when the other person reports a debit on their account that they didn't make. An e-ticket does give you permission to fly, but the charge for the ticket will still have to be paid at a later date or they will take legal action. There are no freebies.