Lucy
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...

Frank Hays in Lancaster tx. XXX-XXX-XXXX--- I have sent this

Frank Hays in Lancaster tx. XXX-XXX-XXXX---
I have sent this to the white house and my congresswoman they always say they will get back to me. Question why can't the U. S. move some of it's military bases from the middle of the country and rebuild them and more along our northern and southern borders, this would slow or stop DRUG , GUNS and HUMAN trafficking, this would also slow or stop the threat of terrorist crossing our borders,plus this put millinos of Americans to WORK for years .
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
Hi Frank,

Thank you for using Just Answer. It sounds like a good idea, but the government has lots of things to consider. First, military bases tend to be scattered throughout the country for strategic reasons. Should something happen that requires martial order (highly unlikely, but not impossible), there need to be soldiers that could get to the area quickly. Also, if all of the military bases are by the borders, and the rest of America would be completely unguarded. Also, it would be much easier for the terrorists to get us if all our bases are, more or less, in the same place. They could launch planes from Central America and attack fairly easily.

It would also be very expensive to build new bases. Since we have existing bases (providing jobs to lots of civilians and soldiers around the country), moving most of them would result in the loss of thousands of jobs, so it may not be feasible.

Just some food for thought.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I did not say move all the military bases i said some of them leave some for the reason you expressed, yes there will be a great cost but to secure the country and put millions americans to work it's worth the cost, JOBS -- JOBS -- SECURITY AT THE SAME TIME.
Expert:  Lucy replied 4 years ago.
I'm not saying you're wrong - I was just giving some reasons they may not do it. Unfortunately, we sometimes have great ideas that it's difficult to implement. Maybe you should consider running for office.
Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience: Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master