Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

I have a parker bros. double barreled shotgun with damascus

I have a parker bros. double barreled shotgun with damascus steel barrels and open hammers, patent date april 11, 1876. condition good to very good. could you give me a ball park figure of value.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 4 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for your question.

We seem to get a lot of questions asking for appraisals of Parker Brothers shotguns. That said, I am fairly sure we don't have any experts who work on this site who are able to give such appraisals. My best advice, which I have given other folks with similar questions, is to do two things. The first is to go to www.parkerguns.org . Click on Parker Identification on the left menu of this site and follow the prompts. This will give you a good amount of information on your gun, including date of manufacture, quality grade and other things. It's very simple and easy to use. The second thing I recommend is (once you have used the website and get your information) is to go to the Parker Gun Collectors Forum, which is also in that website, list all the information you found from the identification section and see if there is a Parker expert there who can give you a better idea. Sometimes they can give a ballpark figure, but many times they will tell you it is best (and I tend to agree) to get your gun appraised by a local collector or expert in person. Only so much examination can be done via text and pictures and an appraisal may not be accurate unless done in person. I've seen two Parker guns of similar vintage and condition sell for $1,000 and $9,500. This is why you want to get an in person appraisal, especially if you are looking to auction or sell this gun.

I hope this has given you some helpful information. If so, please click ACCEPT. If you need more information, please REPLY. Thanks for allowing me to work with you. Best wishes!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.