Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

I am looking for a Greek - Australian composer, used to live

I am looking for a Greek - Australian composer, used to live in Sidney. He is a very well know composer and he is a member of the Australian Music Center. <br />Unfortunately I cant contact him either by email or telephone. <br />I need him because of my PHD thesis that is taking place at the Music Department of the University of Athens. <br />Below you can find all details. <br /> <br />Reason for Search <br />PHD thesis at the Music Department of the University of Athens-Greece <br /> <br />Personal Details: <br />First Name <br />Themos <br />Last Name      <br />Mexis <br /> <br />Gender <br />Male <br /> <br />Age or Date of Birth <br />1947 <br /> <br />Last Known Address <br />82 Floss Street HURLSTONE PARK NSW 2193 Australia <br /> <br />Additional Information <br />He also has an address in Greece, P.O. Box 2635, KREMASTI, RODOS, 85104, GREECE. <br />I already know an old email,XXX@XXXXXX.XXX and a wrong telephone number in Sidney - Australia, xxxxxxxxxxx<!--Session data-->
Category: General
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 4 years ago.
HelloCustomerand thanks for requesting me.

I am not bit clear on what you are asking!
I understand that, for help with your phd thesis, you require a way or details to contact the person you named and who is also a part of Australian music center. Is that correct?
Do you have a old website too which is not working now and had the correct info? is that the issue?

I am not sure how can i help you. Let me know
Regards
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Actually there is an old website, http://mexismusic.com that doesnt works anymore, but this is not my point.
I am just asking if you could help me whoever way to find any contact details of this person, I sent him emails but he never answered. Maybe he just moved in another city and changed his postal address and email address, or maybe he has passed away.
Please answer to me if you could help me any further.
Dimitris
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 4 years ago.
Hello
I posted my 1st reply 18minutes after posted your question.Kindly read the P.S.

From what i can understand i can only help you get info about him, over internet (Almost to the point of whatsoever is there)
Though even searching his name on common search engines, gets you a lot of info.
I am sorry but i won't be able to fetch anything else or say kind of detective stuff.

This question though related to your PhD, is bit off-topic for homework category.
If you want, i can move this to general category as it can fit in that another category only.
Regards

P.S. Since you are new to JA, i would like to inform you that, to get instant updates about status of your question (replies, answers, etc), you can check you registered email account for status emails, regularly.

Edited by Dr. Amit on 4/5/2010 at 9:20 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Its OK, I understand, please move my question to the general category

Dimitris
Expert:  Dr. Amit replied 4 years ago.
Sure. I am moving it.
Regards.
Expert:  Family Physician replied 4 years ago.
Did you contact the Australian Music Centre - they are listed as "representing" him?

If so, what were you told?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, Yes I already contacted Australian Music Centre, They gave me all details I ve already provided to you, i.e email, telephone and postal address. Unfortunately, it seems that all are useless, he never answers to the emails and the telephone number is XXXXX
I assumed that you had already tried that, but I want to be certain before I answered your question.

At this point, my thought would be to contact the postmaster in Hurlstone Park by phone or mail. I would explain the situation why you are trying to contact this individual, and request any forwarding address information. If they do not want to provide any information, they may at least be able to send a message to him for you.

You may also want to try the local symphony or music organizations in this area or even these historical society (from my understanding it is near Sydney.

It could be that he just doesn't want bothered with returning your contact. These local resources may at least be able to confirm that the contact information that you have is at least accurate.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the answer but I ve already tried to contact some music organizations, unfortunately all of them answered to me that they forwarded my message to him! When I ask them what was the email they used, they pointed the email address I already had but doesnt work (he never asnwered to my messages). They also told me that the last time they contacted him was 3 or 4 years ago.
Actually I have contacted already the Music Arrangers’ Guild of Australia ( MAGA ), where he held the position of President once and the Australian music center. Also some Greek-Australian composers that they knew him, Maria Yiakoulis <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>, Dimitris Fotiadis (www.fotiadismusic.com/contact.html), Konstandinos Koukias <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX> and Bil Kezelo <XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX>. Could you please provide me with more Sydney or Australian music Organizations, that Mexis was involved with? (Not any organization, there are a lot of them, I need only the organizations they knew Mexis and they had cooperated with him)
As conserns as the postmaster, I never tried to contact him... Could you please provide me with all details?
Thanks,
Dimitris
There is a
G. Mexis
48 St. Slmo Pde
Kingsgrove NSW 2208
(02) 9150 5283

This might be a relative.

As for the postmaster;
Here is a link
http://www.auswiki.org/w/Hurlstone_Park_Licensed_Post_Office

The other possibility is that he is just NOT interested in speaking with you.
Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience: Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi, tx a lot for your answer,

maybe I ll come up again with a new question in a few days,

All the Best,

Dimitris