Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

how many members nation wide in the tea party express

how many members nation wide in the tea party express?
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.

I've been looking all over to find the right information for you and here is what I have so far:

I haven't found anything close to concrete for "Tea Party involvement" in 2010. The Tea party express you mention is specifically a bus tour, currently traveling the US and stopping at various points the organizers think are significant. The tour ends April 15 in Washington, DC. (Sorry if I'm repeating things you already know). Last year, on April 15, 2009 there was a fairly accurate number of 250,000-300,000 folks reported to have gone to protests in their respective areas(total in the US). Numbers were estimated by police, fire or news officials in each area and then collected by an independent individual.

It is almost impossible to find accurate numbers so far this year, but expect them to be coming out daily as the tour continues on its trail. That said, according to many news sources, the tea party movement has been grossly exaggerating their own numbers. For example, this morning there were approximately 300 tea party supporters in attendance at a protest in DC, and tea party supporters said there were 2,000.

So, right now, without more specific polls or central organization it is difficult to get solid numbers on supporters of the tea party movement for 2010.

Please let me know if I can provide more information by pressing "Reply". If this answer was helpful to you, please press "Accept". Thanks and best wishes!