Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I have an Alabaster annointing cup that the accompaning letter

I have an Alabaster annointing cup that the accompaning letter says may be over 400 years old. It was given to this man by a Preist and is believed to be the type that Mary annointed the head of our Lord. Whom would I go to to have it appraised?
Hi, and thanks for asking your question on JustAnswer.

An antique dealer who is experienced in evaluating religious antiquities might be your best bet; however, a church official/clergyman who is experienced in assessing the value of antique religious items may also be able to guide you with regard to the authenticity of of this annointing cup. You'd also need to authenticate the letter that came with it.

You may have to travel, to show it to the most appropriate evaluator, in person. Invesigating Antiques Roadshow is an excellent idea. Finding one near you, would depend on your location. I think you'll find this general advice helpful:

This may help with contacting PBS/Antiques Roadshow and/or contacting a specific appraiser to help you:

You can also check the program/tour schedule to see if they are coming to your city. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page at the above links, to view more options to click.

I wish you the best of luck!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.