Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I want to rent a sport motorcyle on my trip to Kingston Jamaica

I want to rent a sport motorcyle on my trip to Kingston Jamaica April 2nd.Can anyone give me the name of a co. in Kingston Jamaica that rents sport motorcycles?
Submitted: 6 years ago via Answerly.
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.

By 'sport motorcycle', do you mean an actual motorcycle or a motor 'scooter'?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I mean an actual motorcycle,600 hundred cc and up.A kawasaki Ninja is the one I prefer but Honda,Suzuki,and Yamaha have similar motorcycles.They are called sport bikes but I thought you might confuse that with a bicycle.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Now that I know what you're looking for, I will research this for you, and get back to you shortly.

Thanks for your patience.
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Cher I should have been more specific with my question.
Walt Wilkin
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Walt.

No problem. I lost my internet connection, and was just now able to log back on, so this delayed my research a little bit.

Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Walt, and thanks for your patience.

I found a lot of information re: car rentals, but very little re: motorcycle rentals in Kingston, Jamaica. However, I did find this:

"The front desk of your hotel can usually arrange the rental of a moped or motorcycle. Expect a daily rate of about US$45 (£23) for a moped or US$70 (£35) for a Honda 550. Depending on the vehicle rented, a deposit of US$100 to US$300 (£50-£150) is generally required."
I also found this information:

http://www.ridetheworld.com/jamaicamotorcyclerentalandtours.html
http://www.2wheeltravel.com/

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/jamaica/transport/getting-around#132657

Please be sure to read all the warnings re: driving in general, in Jamaica, as it's much different from the U.S. (if you've never been there, before).

I hope you have a great vacation!

If you have found this answer helpful, please click 'Accept' and leave positive feedback; if you need additional information, please click 'Reply'. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help.

Best wishes,
Cher

Edited by Cher on 3/15/2010 at 10:04 PM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Cher for the help I found a place on the other side of the Island but it would have been a waste out of half a day.I called the Hotel where I'll be staying and they will be setting the motorcycle rental up for me when I get there.Again thanks for your help.
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hi again, Walt, and you're most welcome!

Thanks very much for your accept and reply. Enjoy your vacation and motorcycle riding!

Regards,
Cher