Norman M.
Norman M., Researcher, Lecturer and Psychotherapist
Experience:  ADHP(NC), ECP and UKCP Registered.
Type Your Question Here...

Briefly, after asking my neighbour last Sunday if hed been

Briefly, after asking my neighbour last Sunday if he'd been throwing dead branches from a tree on my property overhanging his into my garden this then developed into a heated exchange after the intervention of his wife. I have now received a letter in which he says he has reported me to the Police and to an ASBO unit for harassment, anti-social behaviour and threatening behaviour towards him and his family. In the letter he has blatantly lied about his request to me to remove the tree in the past and furthermore says I've "been very rude and anti social in reply very time". There has never been a request of any sort or indeed any sort of confrontation between us previously.
I fear now that he is blackening my character with these lies by falsifying these complaints officially. What should or can I do to?
Category: General
Expert:  Norman M. replied 6 years ago.
Just hold on for a couple of weeks to see if in fact you are contacted by the Police, and then if so, turn it over to your solicitor. There is more than a fair chance that this is just bluster.

Stay non-confrontational at all costs.