Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
21042015
Type Your Question Here...

If I Have An Old Facebook Account But Opened A New Account

If I Have An Old Facebook Account But Opened A New Account With My Same E-mail Account how do I get my old account back.The reason I tried to open a new account was because I couldn't acces my old one I thought like a dummy it would say I already had and account
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.

How long had it been since you had logged in using that email? Why couldn't you access your account with that address? Please give me any information you can regarding why your old account was not working so I can try to come up with a solution. Thanks!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I had my old account for at least a year tuesday nite March 2 2010 I normally go to facebook put in my e-mail and password XXXXX email was already showing I put in my password XXXXX in the search bar it didn't attempt to log me on it went straight to facebook abunch of symbols ending with attemt=1 so I left it alone Wednesday 3/3/10 I tried again it did the same thing so I put in a random password XXXXX it did the same thing it didn't even show I had put in an invalid password XXXXX when I freaked out I quess u could say and opened a new account thinking it would say I already had an account I have e-mailed some of my FB friends and they say I'm still showing on some apps and at one point my old page was still there Thanks

Expert:  Tyler replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for the additional information. If your page is still showing up to other friends and your email or password XXXXX work it sounds like your account may have been hacked. If somebody were to gain access to your account using your existing email address they could then go into account settings and remove that email and place a new primary email address on there, effectively "releasing" your email address from their system. This would explain why you were able to create a new account with the same address and not get a prompt about it already being linked to an existing account. Follow this link to the part of the facebook help center that deals with hacked accounts.

http://www.facebook.com/help/?ref=pf#!/help.php?page=1011

Click the first option that says "I can't log onto facebook or access my account." Then follow the prompts. This is the only explanation I can think of besides with your page still being visible to other people. Hopefully you can get your page back under your name by doing so. Keep in mind however that now that facebook has a few hundred million users they are not the best at getting back to people who email them. They are a little better about hacked accounts though so I would think you have better luck. Please let me know if I can help further, otherwise please press accept if this answer was beneficial to you. Thanks!