MsWest
MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience:  Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
5099353
Type Your Question Here...

How To Accept Transfer Offer Without Paying Transfer Charg

Customer Question

How To Accept Transfer Offer Without Paying Transfer Charges?
Submitted: 4 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  MsWest replied 4 years ago.

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer!

Can you explain a little more about your question?

Is someone offering to send you money but asking you to pay a transfer charge?

Please give me a few details, and I would be happy to help you with this.

I will be awaiting your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I booked a flight with Easyjet for me and my family for a flight in July. I recently received an email from them in February saying they have to reschedule my flight (not giving details of the reschedule). They give me 2 options. To get a free transfer or get a credit file. When I accept the free transfer and I am directed to their website to complete the transaction, I have to pay Euro 30 per passenger to complete the transaction. How can this be considered a free transfer?

It is also virtually impossible to get in touch with them. I have tried via email and after 2 weeks - no reply. Phone calls would probably cost heaps as I am in Australia and Easyjet is based in the UK and research on a phone contact for them seems impossible to find.

Expert:  MsWest replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for explaining the issue.

I have found this email address for Easy Jet: easyjet@mailnj.custhelp.com You probably already have it, but just in case it is a different one, I have posted it.

I have found several addresses for the company, but they are for investors and not customer. I have, however, found what is listed at the corporate office address:

Hangar 89, London Luton Airport, Luton, Bedfordshire LU2 9PF

Because it is at the airport, I have my doubts as to it being the corporate offices.

I will research this further, and hopefully I can find more contact information for you.

Edited to add: Although you are right that telephoning may be expensive, I have found the following customer service phone number for EasyJet:

+44(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> (the 44 apparently is the country code)

871(NNN) NNN-NNNN/strong> (supposedly, if you say "Help," that bypasses all the automated messages and takes you directly to a real customer service person - may be useful in keeping down long-distance phone charges)

01582-525422

01582-525001

01582700036 (this one says it is toll-free, but doesn't say toll-free from where)

015827000361 (good reports on this number - supposedly answered quickly and by a person)

NEW email link HERE. This takes you to a form to send. Good reports on responses.

Edited by MsWest on 3/6/2010 at 9:27 PM EST
Expert:  MsWest replied 4 years ago.

Please let me know if you have success with any of the above contact methods.

In the meantime, I will continue to seek out more information for you.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question.

Expert:  MsWest replied 4 years ago.

I have found another office address for EasyJet:

easyJet Airline Company Limited
easyLand
London Luton Airport
Bedfordshire LU2 9LS
UK

MsWest, Senior Research Associate
Experience: Experience in research, genealogy, writing, real estate law, business, finance, health.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the e-mail address is the one I sent my querie to and no reply.

I have some of those phone numbers as well. Just have not tried them yet. Wondering if I'll be kept on hold while my telephone bill goes up!!

I'll try the other email link.

Thanks.

Expert:  MsWest replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for accepting my answer. I hope you get this all resolved soon. Please let me know if you need further help with this issue.

MsWest